Tuesday 7 August 2012

In Hannan's world, even the sunshine has a smiley face

Someone who teaches English as a JOB said to me yesterday that she hates rhyming poems. This inspired me so I wrote this for her...

I like upside down rainbows and slices of lemon and the curviest branch of an old warped tree
I like segments of oranges, crusts off a pizza, I like things that that look like they’re smiling at me
 
I like babies and old people, monkeys and children, and ladies up north in the shops and chippies
Of all of the alphabet, U is my favourite, I simply adore things that smile at me

I like upside down bridges, and slices of melon, and George in my photo frame here next to me
I like it when bubbles appear in my coffee in the shape of a face which is smiling at me!
 
I like bright paper chains looping down from the ceiling, moustaches that flick up make me feel happy,
My favourite smile is the man in the moon though, with his white crater face looking oh so jolly!

I like biting a jaffa cake, biting a baby bell, biting an eccles cake until I can see
A wonderful crescent appear right before me a, a tasty delicious treat smiling at me.


Love Hannan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be the first to comment!